Sunday, July 13, 2008

Joseph's Primary Talk

Joseph gave a talk in Primary today. I wrote it, but he did a very good job reading it.

When my Grandpa Borders was in college, he did not know about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In his classes, he had a friend, Don Clarke. My grandpa noticed that Don was different than his other friends. He didn't do some of the things that his other friends did and he liked that.

One day, Grandpa Borders asked Don to go fishing with him one Saturday. Don said that he couldn't because he had an Elders' Quorum activity that day. My grandpa asked, “What's that?” and Don explained that he was president of a group at his church that helped other people. Grandpa Borders asked Don how his church was different from other churches and Don told him about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.

Later, Don decided to ask my grandpa to dinner and to meet the missionaries. My grandpa came and after a while, my grandpa decided to be baptized.

I am grateful that Don Clarke was a good friend and example to my grandpa and that he asked him to listen to the missionaries. I hope that I can be a good friend and example of Jesus Christ, too.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: