I am currently sick, which makes it difficult to think sometimes. However, I can post this story.
As some of you know, Emma has a hard time with bugs. She doesn't like to be around them and will want to run outside when we find one inside. Well, on Saturday, we got a fly in our house and Emma was having a hard time with it, asking us to get it and so on. Then I remembered last year, when we were preparing her and Joseph to go camping with Grandma and Grandpa T, that she could name the bugs and it would make them less scary. Last year, we'd had a fly in the apartment and Neil named it Eric after "Eric the Half-a-Bee" from a Monty Python sketch. So I told Emma that Eric was back and she brightened and said excitedly, "Eric's back!" We still haven't caught the fly, but we just refer to it as Eric and Emma is fine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment