The first picture-worthy scene happened when I was making dinner and I heard crying and saw Miriam running toward me covering her eye. She was standing too close to Sarah when Sarah was batting in Wii Sports and the Wii remote hit her right in the eyebrow. (Sarah is a very energetic player.) It was a nice hole, which looked like it went through all the layers of skin.
She got five stitches and was so good for the doctors and nurses. She only needed a topical anesthetic. No shot, no sedation, which was such a blessing. She sat so still while she held the doctor's iPhone and watched a movie with one eye. (The other eye was covered while the doctor stitched above it.)
Here she is, a couple of days later. She got a good black eye, too, and we are more careful about playing Wii Sports.
We had our annual Christmas choir concert with the Utah Valley Children's Choir last weekend. It was Joseph's first year singing with the Prep Choir and Sarah's first year ever. Emma and Joseph sang alto and they all sang "And the Glory of the Lord" and "The Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's Messiah.
Here are all the children in their choir uniforms and Miriam had to be a part of it, too. :)
This picture is not the best, but this is Sarah singing her song with her group. We had the concert in the Provo Tabernacle, which burned down this weekend. (That is a sad thing in and of itself. We've had all our choir concerts and many stake conferences there. I even got to play the pipe organ once for stake conference there. We will miss it. It was such a beautiful building.) I was glad Sarah had the chance to sit in the balcony seats during the concert. We usually sit on the main floor for the concerts and she had asked to sit in the balcony seats this time. I'm glad she had the chance.
On a totally separate note, we found this word on our refrigerator this week.
We discovered that it was placed there by our 3 1/2 year old, Miriam. If you are wondering what WAXIE is, you have not been in the bathroom at our church building or if you have been, you haven't read the manufacturer of the soap dispensers. :) When I would take Miriam to the bathroom at church, she would always ask me what was written on the soap dispensers. I think it stuck. :)
And just in case you've forgotten what Neil and I look like, here is a picture of us today that we took for someone who shall remain anonymous.
Have a great week before Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment